Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Razzle's Ultrasound


Right now, Razzle is at the vet hospital. I'm sure he's scared...well actually probably more annoyed that his regular sleep routine is being disturbed. I'm sure he's giving the doctors a run for their money with his fierce quill-attacks and hissing. Today is the day he has his ultrasound to find out what is causing his enlarged heart. I am here at work nervously awaiting the results. We are hoping the news is, "We can treat this without any problems!" and send us home with some medicine that will completely cure Razzle and all will be well again.

Waiting is the worst....

I'll post with updates as soon as I hear.

*************************************************
UPDATE
*************************************************

I have literally been on edge the entire day waiting for "the verdict...". And here is it:

Razzle has hypertrophic cardiomyopahty - basically heart disease. Typically this is a genetic condition. It's not curable, but it is manageable w/meds. He will be on meds for the rest of his life (Enacard and Lasix). He can still live a normal, happy life...hopefully for a long time. He might get tired easier (I've already noticed this). Good news is, he's not in advanced stages at this time. It's still a pretty serious condition....but....it's not the worst that it could have been so I am grateful. Razzle will be 3 years old in May.

One hurdle down....now for the next - the lump they found on his belly. We can't deal with that until after his heart condition is stabilized. Steve is going now to pick up "our son" and take him home. I wish I could leave work right now! Poor Razzle had a very long day and I'll probably just let him rest tonight....after a couple snuggles. Ok...after a LOT of snuggles...

No comments: