Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Geoffrey, "Razzle's little brother"



This past weekend, Steve and I were honored to be able to meet "Razzle's little brother" Geoffrey and his wonderful parents, Nikki and Steve, in Toronto!

It was so wonderful to finally meet them all, and so exciting to hold sweet little Geoffrey, who reminds me so much of Razzle. Geoffrey used to be a very timid boy, but he was quite the social butterfly on this evening. He came out to greet me and showed me how he ate worms and beetles. He crawled in and out of his hedgie bag and let me pick him up. He was just a little doll.
Geoffrey coming out to say hello


Mr. Squrim-worm!


Unfortunately, Geoffrey's health has been declining the past few months as he nears his fourth birthday (June 6). Four years old is considered quite elderly in hedgehog years. Geoffrey has always been a very healthy boy, but his Mom has noticed he has been slowing down quite a bit. Over the past couple of days now, Geoffrey has practically stopped eating on his own and has had to be syringe-fed. I am keeping fingers, toes and quills crossed for my sweet little nephew. I am sick with worry about him. I asked Razzle to please watch over him and give him strength to regain his health.

Nikki gave me a small glass bottle with some of Geoffrey's quills so a part of him could be near his big brother, Razzle. I can't think of anything sweeter than this. I held those quills last night and wished with all my might that Geoffrey is back to his happy, healthy self once again.
Razzle watching over Geoffrey


Please keep Geoffrey and his parents in your thoughts. Stay strong precious G!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Razzle was a real trooper and Geoffrey got to follow his big brother's footstep and fight back the illness. As they say, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings." Thank you for sending healing vibes his way. Geoffrey hasn't given up yet. Keep your fingers, quills, eyes, legs, etc. crossed for him!

It was great having you and Steve in Hogtown (oh, did I tell you TO is nicknamed "Hogtown"? Quite appropriate, isn't it?) It was great fun. We shall do it again soon!

Razzle said...

Hogtown! I didn't know that! No wonder I loved it there!

You and G have been in my thoughts all day. The photo of him in the "burrito" was so adorable, yet heart-breaking. I had tears in my eyes reading your last update. I am remaining hopeful that G is going to pull through this. We got everything crossed over here that we can possibly cross! Come on Geoffrey!!!

that girl said...

Add one more to the Geoffrey positive-thought train. What a sweet boy!