Thursday, November 20, 2008

IT'S PUPPY MILL ACTION WEEK!


This week, Steve and I attended a seminar hosted by the Humane Society of the United States ("HSUS"). One of the biggest battles being fought by HSUS are the horrors of puppy mills. It was so hard to watch the videos they showed that night. Many people closed their eyes tightly and blocked their ears. Some people left the room. I knew what to expect, as I have seen these videos before, but it never gets easier to watch.

But I believe we CAN make a difference! The HSUS encourages all animal lovers to help out by doing a few simple things. Please check out THIS PAGE on their website to learn more about what YOU can do to help!!

Something you can do RIGHT NOW!


One of the HSUS's recent investigations uncovered that America's largest chain of puppy-selling pet stores, Petland Inc., is also the nation's largest retail supporter of puppy mills. Their eight-month investigation revealed that many Petland stores across the country are marketing puppy mill puppies to unsuspecting consumers.

TAKE ACTION
It only takes a minute....

Contact Petland's corporate headquarters to express your concern for puppy mills and ask Petland to stop selling puppies. Fill in and submit an email which will automatically send a message.

Remember to personalize the email message by expressing your opinion in your own words so your message stands out.

It literally only takes a minute, but can make a big difference if enough of us participate. Here is the link to send your email:CLICK HERE


Here is the email I sent today:

I just saw an investigation by The Humane Society of the United
States, which revealed that many Petland stores across the
country are marketing puppy mill puppies to unsuspecting
consumers. Petland--adopt a business model that doesn't include
selling puppies.

I volunteer my time at my local shelter, and there are thousands
of beautiful dogs that are euthanized every year due to
overpopulation. Please stop selling puppies while homeless dogs
and puppies wait to be adopted. By selling puppies, you are
supporting the horrible conditions at puppy mills and adding to
the problem. I'll tell my family and friends to stop shopping at
Petland as long as you sell puppies!

Thank you, and please do the right thing.


I hope you will join me and urge Petland to stop selling puppies! Thank you friends!

No comments: