Sunday, June 10, 2007

And the pendulum swings...


Oh Razzle. It just wouldn't be like you not to make us worry.

After his record run, Razzle has been taking it easy. Things have been quiet. Not much running on the wheel. Snacks went uneaten. But, after such a marathon run, a rest was well deserved.

But tonight I went to give Razzle his medicine, and again, he threw up. Terribly. Right after, he did a couple jelly-green poos. SIGH. Not good. So a call to the doctor is in order tomorrow morning. Theories this time are: perhaps I should let him run around a bit and do his business before I give him medicine. Maybe his stomach is too full and that is why he is throwing up? Theory on the green poo: we did get Razzle a special treat yesterday - LIVE mealworms. He ate several of them. Razzle has not been eating his snacks and can still stand to put some weight on him, so I probably gave him way too many worms. :(

I'm hoping that's all it is. As far as the throwing up of medicines, that is very worrisome. We'll see what his doctor says about that....

*hoping for better news soon*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Razzle... It has been a while (decades?) since I threw up, but I still remember how "unpleasant" it felt. Hopefully, full stomach and live mealies were the simple explanations to the last night's problems. We keep our fingers and quills crossed for Razzle. Keep us posted on the vet comments.

Miss Steffy said...

Hmmm...I do recall seeing bright green poo after live worms were fed to Gerber. Baby did not have green poo but it was discolored. I think the wormies are the culprit.
Hogs and Kisses razzle~(Steffy)