Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Long and Bumpy Road....


Well....I think a great name for a new Super Rollercoaster ride with all kinds of ups, downs, twists & turns should be, "THE RAZZLEMEISTER".

Steve had taken Razzle for his appointment this morning and I called during and after to find out everything that was going on. He told me all the good news.

He didn't tell me the bad news until I got home.

Being the sweet, caring boyfriend that he is, he didn't want to upset me at work. But when I got home he told me that during Razzle's X-ray this morning, another tumor was found. It most likely is exactly the same kind of "harmless" lump that we just had removed last month. The problem is, Razzle's heart could not handle another surgery, so there is nothing we can do except wait...and hope for the best. The last tumor was rather aggressive and had grown quickly. It also had started to "invade" some important organs. So...we have to hope this is a slow growing tumor. Or, let's get crazy for a moment and hope that it just GOES AWAY!!

I spent a lot of time with Razzle tonight, much to his chagrin. All he wanted to do was squrim away! But he's eating, he's active, he has so much life. His X-rays showed that even the congestion in his lungs has improved. Why this tumor?!? We are trying an antioxidant mixture that I will give to Razzle once a day in hopes that it will dissolve or at least greatly slow down this tumor. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, and apparently, neither is he.

5 comments:

Miss Steffy said...

Just when you think you can breath a sigh of relief, this happens. Gosh...I am glad Razzle has parents like you that won;t give up. Stay strong and I know you guys can pull through! Go Razzle!

Razzle said...

thanks! Yeah, I was really disappointed to learn this, to say the least. :( Oh that Razzle loves to keep us guessing apparently. I hope his new round of antioxidents helps keep that tumor at bay - or better yet - makes it just go away. It seems like if it's not one thing (heart disease), it's another (tumor). He has a lot of hurdles in his way, but he's still a feisty little guy! All we can do is make him as comfortable and happy as possible and always do what we think is best for him.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about Razzle's new tumour... It sure has been a roller-coster/Razzlemeister ride for you and Steve (it's incredibly sensitive for him to have chosen not to upset you at work over the phone.)

His first tumour was benign, so I'm sure this one will turn out to be benign too. We'll keep our fingers and quills crossed that it won't grow fast. Razzle, keep your chin up and beat the odds for your loving mommy and daddy! I know you can. Go, Razzle!! :)

Razzle said...

This one most likely is benign, but the worst part about it is not being able to remove it since Razzle can't undergo another surgery. The fear is this thing could grow to be quite large and/or grow into vital organs and cause some big problems. I really hope it doesn't come that...

Just go away tumor!!

Candi said...

What a cute photo!

I'm so glad that Razzle is better, despite the new lump! Beeje has tons of them, by the way. Hopefully, Razzle will be able to have it removed when he is stronger, and then you won't have to worry about it being invasive. :)